Yes, we can.
Market regulator SEBI Tuesday paved the way for Indian investors to trade in large indices of 24 global exchanges, including that of US, Europe and Asia.
As per a SEBI circular, Indian exchanges will be able to provide trading in derivatives contracts of these global indices.
Thanks to Gaurav for pointing out this important piece of news for traders. It should be just a matter of time before the NSE introduces Index contracts on all the 24 global indices. So, the opportunity will come to trade in many different markets. There will be two practical issues:
1. Liquidity. Notice how the CNXIT contract remains illiquid. The foreign based indices may remain even more illiquid.
2. Trading Time. Will we trade when the original market is trading? This means trading on the Nikkei should start early morning, and, so on. If we do not trade in the same period, then our market will be confronted with repeated gaps and remain listless throughout the day. Notice how Silver/Gold contracts remain dull till 6 PM when trading starts in the USA.
With all of these issues, there is no doubt that interesting times are ahead.
S2 Analytics Pvt Ltd
Search This Blog
to happiness is not being rich; it's doing something ardous and creating something of value and then being able to reflect on the fruits of your labor.
Arthur Brooks, The Battle
▼ 2011 (200)
- ► November (9)
► October (28)
- Answers to comments oct31-11
- Process of Consolidation Likely
- Nifty Pattern Targets Reached
- Happy Diwali
- Stock Selection (based upon their historical volat...
- M&M Consolidation
- Niftnear ORB Trade
- A dip in an ongoing up trend
- TATA Motors Life Cycle
- Hindalco touches support
- Mystery of the missing trailing stop
- Nifty Live Oct 12-11
- Point and Figure Charts
- Aiming for a better trade
- Long term view of Nifty
- Zen stories for Traders
- Hero Motor Corp at its support level
- NR 7 in Nifty Weekly Chart
- trading with a gap open
- Silver Pushes against Resistance
- An unusual continuation pattern in the Nifty
- Sudden Rally
- Nifty at 4750
- There is a time to be old and a time to be bold
- Afternoon review
- Nifty - Long Term View
- Higher High - Higher Low pattern in CNX IT
- Bear market shows its strength
► September (53)
- The Bear Story
- Nifty in a well defined range
- Morning View Sept 29
- Nifty Options Trade
- Nifty on way to close higher for this F&O settleme...
- Learning Ideas
- Short term trend is up
- Something Better
- A tale of two trades
- Before the Open - Sept 26-11
- Reliance - something better
- Nifty - A long term view
- Adding value to your analysis
- ► 2010 (263)
- ► 2009 (293)
- ► 2008 (219)