What do most accomplished traders have in common ? They enjoy the process of trading. The net result - profit or loss is important since trading survives only if it is profitable. But traders do not trade for money. They trade because they enjoy in the building up of trading rules, in its execution, in research. For a trader, if you have followed your rules properly, your trading has gone well. Profit or loss is in the hands of the market.
I give this background since I received a comment that said:
"Hope you recollect my earlier posts wherein I said "Before touching 3350,Nifty likely to go to within 3-5% of Oct lows" How accurate? But the sad part is during this period only I lost 15K due to erratic/excessive trading in put options with tight stop losses."
Nothing sad about it. This is good news. The writer is aware of his/her trading problems. It is only a matter of time before he/she can solve these issues. Do not worry about the results. The market takes care of that. Worry about the process of trading. Are you defining your rules. ? Are you doing research ? Are you following your rules with discipline ? Are you afraid of losses ? Are you overleveraging ?
S2 Analytics Pvt Ltd
Search This Blog
to happiness is not being rich; it's doing something ardous and creating something of value and then being able to reflect on the fruits of your labor.
Arthur Brooks, The Battle
► 2011 (200)
- ► November (9)
► October (28)
- Answers to comments oct31-11
- Process of Consolidation Likely
- Nifty Pattern Targets Reached
- Happy Diwali
- Stock Selection (based upon their historical volat...
- M&M Consolidation
- Niftnear ORB Trade
- A dip in an ongoing up trend
- TATA Motors Life Cycle
- Hindalco touches support
- Mystery of the missing trailing stop
- Nifty Live Oct 12-11
- Point and Figure Charts
- Aiming for a better trade
- Long term view of Nifty
- Zen stories for Traders
- Hero Motor Corp at its support level
- NR 7 in Nifty Weekly Chart
- trading with a gap open
- Silver Pushes against Resistance
- An unusual continuation pattern in the Nifty
- Sudden Rally
- Nifty at 4750
- There is a time to be old and a time to be bold
- Afternoon review
- Nifty - Long Term View
- Higher High - Higher Low pattern in CNX IT
- Bear market shows its strength
► September (53)
- The Bear Story
- Nifty in a well defined range
- Morning View Sept 29
- Nifty Options Trade
- Nifty on way to close higher for this F&O settleme...
- Learning Ideas
- Short term trend is up
- Something Better
- A tale of two trades
- Before the Open - Sept 26-11
- Reliance - something better
- Nifty - A long term view
- Adding value to your analysis
- ► 2010 (263)
- ► 2009 (293)
▼ 2008 (219)
▼ November (26)
- Weekend Reading, Nov 30.
- Rally, maybe
- This time it may be different
- Market will tell us when it is bottoming out
- Hard Work is the easiest way to success
- New Posts
- This Bear Market may last longer than we imagine
- Is there a rally ?
- Traders enjoy the process of trading
- Bear Market continues, Nifty, Sensex may go below ...
- Choppy Market with down bias
- What should Investors do now ?
- Nifty returns for a 'Test' of earlier lows
- The trend remains down
- A Matter of Trust
- Udayan in Amritsar
- Early Morning Review - Friday 14 Nov
- It is not about earnings downgrades
- Abrupt End to Uptrend
- Has the Bull Market Started ?
- The 2 PM Review
- So much volatility, Market resembles a Casino
- The Market Corrects its up trend
- Smart Rally, but careful as Nifty comes near resis...
- Quite times coming ?
- Surpirse Rate Cut may not add strength to markets
- ▼ November (26)