How much higher can this rally go ? This is an important question for those (a) who remain short in some form or the other (b) who missed buying last week, and, (c) traders looking to exit their long positions.
Now, momentum has its own logic. Traders do not question why a move is coming. Their task is to identify the move, then go along with it. Currently, momentum favors the bulls. Therefore, the appraoch should be: we will remain buyers on dips while bullish momentum continues. We cannot predict the turning points in a market.
Traders with existing long positions should pay attention to signs of weakening momentum, spccially when such signs occur near resistance levels. The Nifty is now near the 3200 - 3300 resistance zone. As the Index comes close to this zone, traders should tighten their stops. I have a blog post which explains how you can actually tighten your stops.You can read it Here .
S2 Analytics Pvt Ltd
Search This Blog
to happiness is not being rich; it's doing something ardous and creating something of value and then being able to reflect on the fruits of your labor.
Arthur Brooks, The Battle
► 2011 (200)
- ► November (9)
► October (28)
- Answers to comments oct31-11
- Process of Consolidation Likely
- Nifty Pattern Targets Reached
- Happy Diwali
- Stock Selection (based upon their historical volat...
- M&M Consolidation
- Niftnear ORB Trade
- A dip in an ongoing up trend
- TATA Motors Life Cycle
- Hindalco touches support
- Mystery of the missing trailing stop
- Nifty Live Oct 12-11
- Point and Figure Charts
- Aiming for a better trade
- Long term view of Nifty
- Zen stories for Traders
- Hero Motor Corp at its support level
- NR 7 in Nifty Weekly Chart
- trading with a gap open
- Silver Pushes against Resistance
- An unusual continuation pattern in the Nifty
- Sudden Rally
- Nifty at 4750
- There is a time to be old and a time to be bold
- Afternoon review
- Nifty - Long Term View
- Higher High - Higher Low pattern in CNX IT
- Bear market shows its strength
► September (53)
- The Bear Story
- Nifty in a well defined range
- Morning View Sept 29
- Nifty Options Trade
- Nifty on way to close higher for this F&O settleme...
- Learning Ideas
- Short term trend is up
- Something Better
- A tale of two trades
- Before the Open - Sept 26-11
- Reliance - something better
- Nifty - A long term view
- Adding value to your analysis
- ► 2010 (263)
- ► 2009 (293)
▼ 2008 (219)
▼ November (26)
- Weekend Reading, Nov 30.
- Rally, maybe
- This time it may be different
- Market will tell us when it is bottoming out
- Hard Work is the easiest way to success
- New Posts
- This Bear Market may last longer than we imagine
- Is there a rally ?
- Traders enjoy the process of trading
- Bear Market continues, Nifty, Sensex may go below ...
- Choppy Market with down bias
- What should Investors do now ?
- Nifty returns for a 'Test' of earlier lows
- The trend remains down
- A Matter of Trust
- Udayan in Amritsar
- Early Morning Review - Friday 14 Nov
- It is not about earnings downgrades
- Abrupt End to Uptrend
- Has the Bull Market Started ?
- The 2 PM Review
- So much volatility, Market resembles a Casino
- The Market Corrects its up trend
- Smart Rally, but careful as Nifty comes near resis...
- Quite times coming ?
- Surpirse Rate Cut may not add strength to markets
- ▼ November (26)